And if that isn't enough, to top it all off, my job is to go on vacation. Seriously! I am getting paid to travel anywhere in the county I want to go, all expenses included. I am a ER/ICU nurse. And, like I said, traveling all over the county. The only stipulation: 3 shifts a week. I work for a travel nursing agency called American Mobile Healthcare who contracts me out to hospitals across the nation who are short on nurses . I sign a contract, work for about 3 months until the hospital can build its permanent staff back up, and then move on. I say where, I say when, I say which hospital, which unit, and which shift. So much fun! I love it! I have met amazing people and have had incredible opportunities--and I am only on my second contract!
But as wonderful as travel nursing may be, as the saying goes, "home is where the heart is". And I don't think my heart will ever leave Flowood, Mississippi--no matter where my travels might take me. So in an effort to bridge the gap, here is my story. My travel nursing diary. The places I go and the people that I meet. The things that I like and the things that I don’t like. Recaps of good days as well as the bad ones. The story of me. I realize that nobody except my mother really cares what I am doing on a daily basis, but I will pretend that I have fans and try to keep my blog as up to date as I can with what I've been up to...if anyone is interested.
No comments:
Post a Comment